The Charlie Waller Memorial Trust raises awareness of depression and fights stigma so that people stay mentally well and get the help they need.
The Trust aims to:
- equip young people to look after their mental well being
- help people to recognise the signs of depression in themselves and others so they know when to seek help
- ensure expert and evidence based help is available when people need it
We do this by:
- delivering talks to young people and those who work with them about how to stay mentally well
- providing training to teachers, health care and other professionals in identifying and supporting those with depression
- supporting research and teaching in evidence based therapies at the Charlie Waller Institute at the University of Reading
Our award winning Students Against Depression website provides information, self-help tool kits and an online community for students who maybe suffering.