CWMT delivers training in three ways:
- We employ Waller Trainers to deliver depression awareness talks and training
- We work with expert partners to deliver training programmes to health care, education and other professionals
- We support the teaching of psychological therapists at the Charlie Waller Institute, University of Reading.
We offer training to a wide range of organisations and groups. These include:
- Primary Care (GPs and their staff) and nurses
- Employers and line managers
- Housing Associations
- Universities and colleges of further education.
- Schools – both primary and secondary, staff and pupils
- Local authorities
- Youth groups and sports clubs
- Community Groups and clubs
We also “train trainers” to deliver depression awareness courses to others.
If you are interested in learning more about the training we offer, please complete our Training Request Form.
Our training is usually delivered free of charge. But we encourage those that can afford it to make a donation to cover our costs, or to raise funds on our behalf. For on-going training or “train the trainer” courses we may charge to cover the costs of our trainer time and materials.
Training usually takes place at the host organisation’s premises – our trainers will make arrangements with you for any equipment and so on that they need.