Dr Maryanne Freer
Dr Maryanne Freer provides training for GPs and other professionals working in primary care on mental health in the general practice setting. This includes sessions on:
- practical CBT for general practice
- young people’s mental health in general practice
- medical error in general practice mental health
- perinatal depression in general practice
- risk management in general practice
- medically unexplained symptoms in general practice
She provides training for GP trainers and CPD events for GPs nationwide.
As well as being a lead for the Charlie Waller Memorial Trust GP Education Programme, Dr Freer is a practising community psychiatrist and course director for courses on general practice, professionalism, ethics and public health on the Newcastle medical degree programme. She teaches regularly on GP training programmes nationwide and speaks at national conferences. She is the author of the CWMT toolkit for GPs and school nurses as well as a number of other national toolkits for GPs in mental health. Dr Freer is a member of the Royal College of GPs mental health forum.